Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Virtual Printer Drivers >> Invoke Text Driver from a perl scriptModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  Invoke Text Driver from a perl script
cellist

Email
posted 2009-06-14 18:51:51 Reply -Delete

I've just installed the Text Driver on a trial basis.

I want to run a perl script that will generate PDF files and then initiate the Text Driver, passing to it the name of the input pdf file(s) and the name of the output file without any user intervention. The purpose is to relieve the user of having to type in multiple-directory-path names for input and output.

Sometimes the process will be run by a logged-on user, sometimes as a scheduled task.

Can I accomplish this with the "regular" Text Driver, or do I need the SDK? (This is not a commercial application.)

TIA,

Phil
Windows XP sp3

Cerberus

Web-page
Email
posted 2009-06-17 04:16:26 Reply -Delete

Phil,

Text Driver is not a coversion utility, so you cannot pass input file names ot it. This is a printer dirver and you can print to it any document.

You must not really control Text Driver from your script or program (event if it suports COM). You may create several printers in Text Driver and assign different settings to them (output paths).
Then, your script will need to print your PDF files to one of the Text Driver printers depending of which set of options you need to use.

Or, you may set a single Text Drvier printer options via COM properties from your script.

cellist

Email
posted 2009-06-17 17:07:14 Reply -Delete

I don't want T D to be a conversion utility.

"Miraplacid Text Driver registers itself as an ActiveX object and could be used from any scripting and OLE-compliant software.
Using this ability, you can control the printing process directly from your script or application."

Above is from you online description of the features. Is it true? What do you mean by "control the printing process..."?

I suppose I can have my program print to a specific TD printer. Can I set the output path for a specific TD printer from my program via the TD object? How do I do that? What method do I invoke or what property to I set?

Cerberus

Web-page
Email
posted 2009-06-22 08:20:27 Reply -Delete

cellist,

You may control printing process by settings COM properties and calling COM methods provided by Text Driver COM server.
http://www.miraplacid.com/mtd/doc/scripting.shtml

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024