Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> HP Laserjet IIIP does not work on Windows XPModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  HP Laserjet IIIP does not work on Windows XP
Andreas

Email
posted 2004-01-11 16:41:52 Reply -Delete

I recently switched from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. Unfortunately, my good old HP LJ IIIP does not work any more, although I installed the printer driver as given by Windows XP.
The printer just prints a scribbled line at the beginning of the page - nothing more. What to do ?

Worris

posted 2004-01-22 00:36:44 Reply -Delete

Andreas,
Let's try to update drivers from hp.com

GrahamRounce

posted 2004-03-05 09:33:47 Reply -Delete

Ha ha! My 690C doesn't even work with Windows 2000! It doesn't do double-sided pr8inting anynore, and periodically prints lijnes of scribble, continuously form-feeds, etc. HP think I'm going to throw it away and buy another one - I may do, but it sure won't be made by HP.
(I've wasted a lot of time trying to reason with them, but they say it's not their fault if Microsoft chooses to bring out a new version of Windows!)

Doug

Email
posted 2004-03-06 09:26:34 Reply -Delete

Andreas, I am having the same problem, but my printer will not print at all. Did updating the driver solve the problem?

Lewis

Email
posted 2004-03-20 21:41:35 Reply -Delete

Hi,

where can I get drivers for my HP Laserjet 111P to run from my new Dell laptop that has XP Pro operating system ?

MUCH appreciated,

Lewis
lbonde@hotmail.com

Lewis

Email
posted 2004-03-20 21:43:46 Reply -Delete

Worris,
Hi,

Can't find drivers for XP Pro on my new Dell.
HP Laserjet 111P.

Thanx for your help.
Lewis

Gnomey

Email
posted 2004-04-28 14:46:38 Reply -Delete

Where can I get drivers for my HP Laserjet 111P to run from my new Dell laptop that has XP Pro operating system ?

Eric

Email
posted 2004-06-12 00:53:22 Reply -Delete

I recently moved from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Pro. I am having a similar problem to others where I cannot run my old HP Laserjet 111P. Does anyone know of a driver that will work with this printer?

Norma

Email
posted 2004-08-18 18:09:51 Reply -Delete

I need to know where I can find a driver for HP Laserjet IIIp online to download. I have lost mine and can't find it on the HP website.

fawn

Email
posted 2005-04-09 15:52:24 Reply -Delete

Try these steps to install the printer:

Go to Start, then control panel, then printers and faxes, then add printer.

When the Add printer wizard starts up, click on "Next", then click on the box (or circle) next to "Local printer attached to this computer", and uncheck the box that says "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer".

Click "Next".

In the next window select the port that you want to use (usually LPT1) and click "Next". THEN the list of printers window should pop up. On the left side, scroll down to "HP" and click on "HP" to select it. When you do that, on the right side, a list of HP printers will show up.

Scroll down the list of printers on the right side until you see the "HP LaserJet IIIP. Select this printer and click "Next". Windows will install the driver.

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024