Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> HP 722C and Windows XPModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  HP 722C and Windows XP
Larry

Email
posted 2004-06-14 21:45:42 Reply -Delete

I have an Emachines computer with Athlon 3.2, 512 megs of memory, 160 gig hard drive, and Windows XP. I have a good HP 722C Deskjet printer that worked fine with Win 98 and Win ME. I use MS Word 97. If I try to print more than one page at a time the printer will print the first page and crap out about 1/3 through the second page. I have the newest drivers (furnished by Microsoft).
HP discontinued support on the 722C.

Got any idea what the problem and fix is?

Larry

Duane

Email
posted 2005-02-25 16:07:20 Reply -Delete

I, and many others it seems, have the same problem. I recently replaced my Dell (win 98) with a new Dell (win xp). My HP 722C will print anywhere from one or two lines to one-half page -- and then crap out.

Before I realized I had this problem I found a possible fix somewhere ... I *believe* it was on annoyances.org. Now I can't find it but I'm still looking. If I find it I'll post it here. If anyone else finds a fix before I do, please let me know.

Duane

Duane

Email
posted 2005-02-25 16:52:00 Reply -Delete

Here is one reply I ran across. Doesn't make any sense to me but might help someone.

Duane

I bought a refurbished 720C from HP some time ago and have had no trouble with it using Windows 95, 98SE, ME, and XP Home. The driver on the disk that came with the printer was version 10.2 but I upgraded to version 10.3 when it came out. This has worked fine on everything but XP. XP lists a driver for both the 720C and the 722C printers which are identical except for the software that came with them.

My XP computer (an ABS) has a built-in parallel port and came with XP Home and SP-1 installed. I installed the printer using the XP "Add Printer" Wizard and the XP 720C driver. I also used a new two-way parallel printer cable for the installation. Since then I have changed the parallel port to ECC (to accommodate my old Epson ActionLaser 1400) and use an AB switch and two old one-way cables to connect both.

This does not allow two-way communication but the 720C still works fine. It has even survived the installation of SP2 with no problems.
I get more banding with this driver than I did with the Win 9x driver, but I am not sure if this is the driver or the printer wearing a bit. Using HP Premium Inkjet Paper I get best result with the plain paper setting and "best" quality setting. With HP Premium Photo Paper I use "best" and HP Premium Photo Paper.

http://printscan.about.com/od/advicefromourreaders/a/Prob_HP722C_2.htm

Dianne

Email
posted 2005-03-16 15:40:11 Reply -Delete

I am looking for a PS driver for LJ4500 color printer - XP so we can download
HP site does not list PS drivers for this printer

any ideas?

Dianne

Raymond

posted 2008-07-15 16:09:58 Reply -Delete

I need a driver for HP722C on a XP OS platform. anyone know where to get driver.

Tnx

zurichr@sbcglobal.net

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024