Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Printer Drivers >> Dell Laser Printer 1700, Legal paper sizeModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  Dell Laser Printer 1700, Legal paper size
Rachel

posted 2004-10-05 14:43:10 Reply -Delete

Dell 1700 prints just perfect on Letter size paper (which I never use), but jams Legal.
Second time it prints properly.
It seems, it gots to waste one sheet of paper to realise that it's a different size.
Should not it detect paper while it is in the tray? I use WinXP SP2, but is was same way without SP2.

Doris

posted 2004-10-05 17:54:59 Reply -Delete

Right click printer icon and choose Printing Preferences.
Choose "Paper" tab and set "Legal" paper size. Then set "Fit to Paper size" : "Legal". It should help.

jn

Email
posted 2004-10-11 11:33:14 Reply -Delete

The advice is good but incomplete.
There are two paper site settings: one is "printer preferences" (see above) and one is in "printer properties", "Advanced" tab, "Printing Defaults", "Paper" tab. To avoid paper jam of this kind, you got to change settings in the BOTH places. Good luck :)

robbo

Email
posted 2005-05-03 14:04:06 Reply -Delete

There is a back panel on the 1700 series that you need to pull open. The legal will feed through and out the back and wont jam through the top rollers. I called Dell on the same problem and thats what they sugguested. Seems to work fine now

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024