Home
Virtual Image Printer DriverMiraplacid Publisher converts documents to images
Virtual Text Printer DriverMiraplacid Text Driver extracts text from documents
Miraplacid Data ViewerMiraplacid Data Viewer - access to internal structure of a binary file
Miraplacid Text ViewerMiraplacid Text Viewer - access to internal structure of a text file
Common:   Login | Rules of forum | Register
Management:  New topic | Close topic | Move topic | Delete topic

Miraplacid Forum >> Virtual Printer Drivers >> comments for improving Text DriverModerator:Cerberus

Author Topic:  comments for improving Text Driver
dkounal

Email
posted 2005-06-19 04:57:41 Reply -Delete

Hello,

I am a new user of Miraplacid text driver and I am using it to capture lab data that are printed anyway to printer and keep them in an mysql database. My first impression is that it is an excellent software that really worths its cost to buy it.

I have found extremly usefull the following:
1. Redirecting to a printer the original print.
2. XML output is extremly usefull for external programs to get text
3. lots of options to configure and get text output

I would recommend for the future releases:
1. Possibility to have included images in the printing page available in the XML output in base64 (or similar form) as an image tag.
2. possibility to have it unvisible to the user and working based on predefined settings or profile
3. Possibility to save all options in default profile and not only same (I changed the registry to overcome it) and to start it with an option for selecting profile.

Thank you and keep on the good work

Cerberus

Web-page
Email
posted 2005-06-29 03:33:22 Reply -Delete

dkounal,
«Hello,

I am a new user of Miraplacid text driver and I am using it to capture lab data that are printed anyway to printer and keep them in an mysql database. My first impression is that it is an excellent software that really worths its cost to buy it.

I have found extremly usefull the following:
1. Redirecting to a printer the original print.
2. XML output is extremly usefull for external programs to get text
3. lots of options to configure and get text output

I would recommend for the future releases:
1. Possibility to have included images in the printing page available in the XML output in base64 (or similar form) as an image tag.
2. possibility to have it unvisible to the user and working based on predefined settings or profile
3. Possibility to save all options in default profile and not only same (I changed the registry to overcome it) and to start it with an option for selecting profile.

Thank you and keep on the good work»

Thank you for your interest to Miraplacid Text Driver.

(1) - Regadring images in XML file - this is almost impossible now because this driver is focused on text and receives only text from system.

(2) - It is possible to run Text Driver in automatic mode without user intervention. You can turn this mode on by setting "Atosend" checkbox or appropriate COM property.

(3) - Currently, automatic mode use only "Default" configuration by default.
But, using COM property, you can select another profile, which will lead to change all settings.

Thanks.

Your message:
Name, password:
Go to category:  

Technical Support

Copyright © Miraplacid, 2003 - 2024